Selling a Property through Ash Residential
Here at Ash Residential Ltd, we offer a comprehensive service for selling property. We have experience in assisting owners with selling anything from a studio apartment to large portfolios of HMO’s.
- We have been successfully trading in Manchester since the early 1960’s.
- We have prominent main road offices.
- We advertise on our own website and property portals including: Rightmove, Zoopla, Prime Location and Manchester.com.
- Detailed property information prepared with photographs.
- Competitive E.P.C’s with flexible payment options.
- Competitive Fees: No Sale No Fee!
Top Tips to Selling your property
Jonathan Ash (Company Director) gives you a couple of tips to improve your chances of a successful sale.
- UP YOUR CURB APPEAL – Potential buyers have been known to dismiss houses before they've even stepped through the door, so before you decide to market your property give things like the front garden some TLC. If you have no garden thins as simple as cleaning the windows, making sure curtains or blinds look good or even giving the front door a lick of paint can give a potential buyer a better first impression. Mow the lawn, sweep up, put a hanging basket or plant some new flowers in the beds.
- DE-CLUTTER – This is the single most effective measure you can take. If your home looks cluttered and “busy” potential buyers may think there is not enough space, so this is a perfect opportunity to give your property a good clear out! Tidy up before viewings and ensure coffee tables, desks and work surfaces are as clear as possible and kid’s toys put away.
- GET YOUR CARPET DEEP CLEANED – Clean carpets make a big difference, in fact this could be the best £100 you spend! Before viewings its also worth giving the property a good hoover.
- DEPERSONALISE – Buyers don’t want to see your laundry or wedding photos. Also remove trinkets on shelves and hide away toys. Your buyers will want to see how they can make the property their own and all your personal belongings will not help them to see the image they want.
- NEUTRALISE – You may be a big fan of red walls but your potential buyers may not. Paint or paper walls in cream or beige if you’re worried your colour scheme could put people off.
- CLEAR OFF – There should be as few people as possible during viewings – so get someone to look after the kids. The same goes for enthusiastic pets – find a volunteer to take the dog for a walk!
- GET RID OF SMELLS – The air should be fresh and odour free – avoid cooking strong smelling foods before viewings, open the windows and clear out pets and their paraphernalia.
- MAXIMISE WHAT YOU HAVE – Do you have an outbuilding that can be used as an office? Also, tell potential buyers of any useful storage areas or loft space they may miss.
- BUY FRESH FLOWERS – Give your room some life with a vase of roses or lilies. It may be a cliché but it makes a great first impression.
- KNOW YOUR STUFF – You should be able to tell viewers how much your gas and electric bills cost and what your council tax is. Be prepared to answer questions too about topics such as local schools, transport links and other facilities. Of course, man properties locally are sold with tenants or have previously been rented out. In these circumstances, you cannot do much to the interior of the property but exterior paintwork; curtains/blinds should be clean and fitted if possible.